October 13-14, 2012, Kazan
The final stage of the LADA Granta Cup in Kazan took place on October 13-14 and determined the winners of the seven-stage LADA Granta Cup competition and Russian Cup in the LADA Granta group. The first prize winners of the LADA Granta Cup 2012 season were Dmitry Bragin and Maxim Simonov from the Sberbank-Plastic team. They took the first prize of the LADA Granta Cup and became the owners of the Russian Cup. Besides, the Sberbank-Plastic team, including the team of Mikhail Mityayev and Vladimir Sitnov, became the leader of the Russian Cup team event.
Before the Russian Cup final stage Bragin and Simonov had obviously the highest chances for victory. Loboda brothers from Moscow were the leaders of the LADA Granta Cup before the final competition. The final racing weekend was a disappointment for the young drivers. They could not finish either of the two races. Moreover, due to the weather conditions, only eight teams out of fourteen reached the finish line.
The first place in the first race of the LADA Granta Cup final stage went to Sergey Shalunov and Viktor Antonov from Arloid Racing team, the second place went to Maxim Simonov and Dmitry Bragin, and the third – to Rustam Akiniyazov and Boris Shulmeister from the Aeroexpress team.
Already after the first race of the LADA Granta Cup eighth stage Maxim Simonov and Dmitry Bragin were able to gain enough points to become the winners of the Russian Cup in Lada Granta class prematurely.
Mikhail Mityayev started from the pole position in the second race of the LADA Granta Cup final stage. Just like the first race of the final stage, the second race passed under rain.
The results of the second race of the LADA Granta Cup final stage:
- Mikhail Mityayev ("Sberbank-Plastic")
- Vladimir Sheshenin/Albert Iliazov ("Almaks Major")
- Alexandr Kobenko/Pavel Kalmanovich ("AUTOVAZ-PROO")
The Lada Granta Cup 2012 final classification:
- Bragin/Simonov (Tolyatti/Syzran’, Sberbank-Plastic) 177 points
- М.Loboda/Y.Loboda (Moscow, Aeroexpress Racing) 161
- Sheshenin/Iliazov (Tolyatti, Almaks Major) 147
- Akiniyazov (Moscow, Aeroexpress Racing) 125
- Shalunov/Antonov (Cheboksary, Arloid Racing) 123
- Alexandr Kobenko (Tolyatti, AutoVAZ PROO) 115 ...
Russian Cup 2012 individual ratings in the Lada Granta group:
- Bragin/Simonov (Tolyatti/Syzran’, Sberbank-Plastic) 142 points
- Akiniyazov/Shulmeister (Moscow, Aeroexpress Racing) 103
- Sheshenin/Iliazov (Tolyatti, Almaks Major) 98
- Shalunov/Antonov (Cheboksary, Arloid Racing) 97
- Nikolaev/Ladygin (Samara, Russian Bears) 83
- М.Loboda/Y.Loboda (Moscow, Aeroexpress Racing) 82 ...