Lada • LADA Granta Cup: Nizhniy Novgorod Stage Results.
The start of the race in Nizhniy Novgorod under rain. Three restarts after the start. Tensed battle between Mikhail Loboda and Vyacheslav Maleev in the first race. The brothers’ leadership in the new mono cup.
The new Russian LADA Granta Cup racing series is under way. Last weekend saw the ending of the second (and first scoring) stage of the touring mono cup for the new AutoVAZ car.
The main events including the two scoring races were held on Sunday. It all started with a confusion. The judges mixed up the drivers’ sequence at the starting grid, and after the cars finished the warm-up lap and one racing lap, they suspended the race by putting out red flags.
Restart. Based on Saturday’s rainy qualification race Yuriy Loboda from Moscoow started from the pole position. However, already on the starting line the Russian Bears’ Leader Kirill Ladygin took the leadership. And then… a safety car showed up on the track again. Because Pavel Kalmanovich’s Granta stopped at the first turn exit.
A new restart, and, leaving the main group behind, Loboda (#33) and Ladygin (#10) continued their fight for the leading position. But after half an hour the race is suspended again due to a torrential rain over the NRing.
When the rain subsided, the race restarted again, this time only with six cars after the drivers had been changed in accordance with the rules. The race was heated up by an intense struggle for victory between the drivers who replaced the leaders of the first part of the race – Mikhail Loboda and Vyacheslav Maleev. It came to a serious clash when the Moscow team almost pushed the Samara team off the track. Eventually, Loboda was the first to cross the finish line, and after a 20-second penalization of the twins’ team the victory was claimed by the team Ladygin/Maleev.
Results of the first race of the LADA Granta Cup in Nizhniy Novgorod:
- Kirill Ladygin/Vyacheslav Maleev (#10) 43:07.590
- Yuriy Loboda/Mikhail Loboda (#33) +17.123 (including 20 penalty seconds)
- Maxim Simonov/Dmitry Bragin (#14) +17.539
- Vladimir Nikolaev/Mikhail Maleev (#63) +28.269
- Sergey Shalunov/Viktor Shapovalov (#77) +29.496
- Yuriy Makushin/Sergey Ryabov (#5) +1:41.034
- Exited the race: Alexey Chaban/Mikhail Mityayev (#11), Vadim Sokolov/Vitaliy Dudin (#7), Rustam Akiniyazov/Vladimir Sheshenin (#67), Alexandr Kobenko/Pavel Kalmanovich (#8).
The second race of the weekend was just as spectacular, although having no serious incidents. The cars took the start on rain tires. Kirill Ladygin started from the pole position and maintained the lead for a long time, followed by Yuriy Loboda from Moscow and Dmitry Bragin from Tolyatti struggling for the second place.
After the mandatory pit stops and replacement of rain tires with slicks, the nature of the battle on the track changed. The Russian Bears team had to enter pit lane twice repeatedly, which caused Vyacheslav Maleev to return to the race 1 lap behind the new leader Mikhail Loboda. The driver who relaced Bragin, Maxim Simonov (#14) started loosing speed, and Alexandr Kobenko (#8) and Rustam Akiniyazov (#67) occupied the positions among the three leaders. The leaders finished the race in this order.
The second race results:
- Yuriy Loboda/Mikhail Loboda (#33) 52:18.927
- Alexandr Kobenko/Pavel Kalmanovich (#8) +43.346
- Rustam Akiniyazov/Vladimir Sheshenin (#67) +44.954
- Maxim Simonov/Dmitry Bragin (#14) +1:02.026
- Kirill Ladygin/Vyacheslav Maleev (#10) +1 lap
- Alexey Chaban/Mikhail Mityayev (#11) +2 laps
- Yuriy Makushin/Sergey Ryabov (#5) +5 laps
Exits: Vadim Sokolov/Vitaliy Dudin (#7), Vladimir Nikolaev/Mikhail Maleev (#63), Sergey Shalunov/Viktor Shapovalov (#77).
The LADA Granta Cup classification after the first (scoring) stage:
- Y.Loboda/М.Loboda (#33) 43 points
- Ladygin/Maleev (#10) 35
- Simonov/Bragin (#14) 27
- Kobenko/Kalmanovich (#8) 19
- Akiniyazov/Sheshenin (#67) 17
- Nikolaev/Maleev (#63) 14 7-8. Chaban/Mityayev (#11) 14 7-8. Makushin/Ryabov (#5) 14
- Shalunov/Shapovalov (#77) 11
- Sokolov/Dudin (#7) 8 ...